>>>>

Sunday, May 21, 2017

In Between and Around the Sewing!



There is always a bit of horsing around happening at retreat, but this is the first time it happened with REAL horses for me!

We’ve enjoyed watching the horses in the arena outside of our retreat room windows. 

Royal Ridges Retreat has 50 horses in the summer for summer camp programs for adults and children, and it is just a wonderful place to stay and connect with nature.

I have not been on a horse in more than 10 years….and oh, my hind quarters are feeling it!



My mount – Sunset!

The one thing about trail riding – the horse pretty much knows the way, and all you have to do is keep him (or her) from stopping to eat along the trail and getting left behind, or hindering those in line behind you.  It wasn’t an easy feat!  The grass is tall, the wildflowers must be yummy – and my horse was hungry!

I put the photos in the little slide show below:



My view of the folks in front of me never changed, but the surrounding scenery is just gorgeous!

And a little video.



It was a good thing that my horseback riding adventure was followed by a MASSAGE!  (Yes, it was a really hard working day for me! HA!)


The Local Washington Contingency!

I have so enjoyed these ladies!  Some of them were only here for Group 1 retreat.  Some of them are staying through Group 2.  For those who have left, I miss you already!


Our retreat room is buzzing with Group 2 activity!

All of the seats are once again full and the machines are humming and the chatter is loud, boisterous and so happy!  I have a whole new group of students for the remaining retreat days ahead!


I’ve been APRONED by Doreen & Pam!

Breakfast is commencing in just a few minutes so I need to shoot this up to you quickly.

I’ll be drawing for the winner of the May Quilty Box this evening!  Be sure you have entered to win on THAT POST!  It’s a beautiful Alex Anderson box, and you don’t want to miss it!


Quiltville Quote of the Day!

Let there be kindness. And let it begin with me.

Vintage triple Irish chain found yesterday while out antiquing in Battle Ground, Washington. More to follow on THAT topic in a future post!

It's a Scrap Crystals Day from the MORE Adventures with Leaders & Enders up here at Quilt Camp!

Have a lovely Sunday, everyone!


Follow me on Instagram!

Follow my Quiltville Page on Facebook for more fun!

Join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

4 comments:

  1. Truer words were never spoken. My (belated) word for 2017: kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with them. It was a great time to be with you in the hills of Washington State. Cute aprons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to sign up for 2019! To be so close yet so far. Thanks Bonnie for coming to the PACIFIC NORTH WEST.
    Robin Medley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe all that you have been through. I don't know who the other person is but I wonder if she has a really bad case of jealousy and this's how she's dealing with it, trying to ruin your reputation. When you were our featured teacher at Get-a-Way in Cave City KY, 6/2016, I can't tell you how much I enjoyed your class. I've been quilting since the 90's and couldn't believe how much I learned from your class. Your warmth and generosity when sharing your skills was heartfelt. Hang in there Bonnie, and don't let anyone pull you down!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)